2022 Verse, Theme, and Prayer Requests
Every year, TCU’s leadership picks a Scripture verse and theme of the year. We also publish a list of prayer requests.
At TCU, we frequently call the verse and theme to mind, and we lift up these prayer needs throughout each week of the 2022 academic year (April 2022 through March 2023).
Would you pray with us? And for us?
Verse of the Year
“. . . so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.” (Col 1:10 NIV)
Stand in the Gap: Christ’s Peace in Broken Places. (5) To the Fullness of Christ
As you can see in the headings below, our prayer requests are closely connected to our verse of the year. Some people like to focus on section 1 on Mondays, section 2 on Tuesdays, and so on.
However you pray whenever you pray, we appreciate your prayers for TCU.
1. Live a life worthy of the Lord
- For TCU’s walk to measure up to the Lord’s will and to be worthy of the Lord’s name.
- For each student’s study to be blessed; for protection of their health and spiritual life; and that they may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord.
2. Please the Lord in every way
- For education, research, spiritual formation, and all else at TCU to be fully pleasing to the Lord.
- For the work of faculty and staff members to be blessed, and for TCU’s foundational principles to be realized through their work.
3. Bearing fruit in every good work
- For TCU to serve the church, society, and this world, and to bear abundant fruit.
- For blessings upon the ministries of TCU’s many graduates, including the ones from predecessor schools, and that they will show God’s glory.
4. In the knowledge of God
- For TCU’s education to be used for nurturing servants of God to know, love, rejoice, and obey.
- For the work of the Board of Directors, Auditors, and Board of Trustees to be blessed, and that they can fulfill the work and responsibilities entrusted to them.
5. Become mature
- For each person at TCU to attain to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ, who is all in all.
- For all churches, TCU supporting organizations, and TCU supporters to be blessed, and that they will be used to build the Kingdom of God.
Here are PDFs you can print – both English and Japanese versions – and display in a place where you’ll see them every day.
Remembering to Pray
How can you remember to pray?
Subscribe to our blog & news updates today.
Then journey with us as we follow the Way.