Graduate School (Ph.D)
Admissions Graduate School
Admissions to the TCU Doctoral Program
- Prescreening consultation
- Application submission
- Notification of preliminary results based on submitted documents
- English exam and interview
- Final result notification
Applicants who are the most capable among those who have expressed dedication to Christ and have completed a Master’s degree in theological studies or the equivalent (as determined by the graduate committee) are eligible for consideration.
|Time of Entrance||Quota|
Qualifications for Admission
Individuals recognized as possessing superior academic skills among those who have expressed faith in Christ, and who have completed a Master’s degree or the equivalent (as determined by the graduate committee) before entering the Ph.D. program at TCU.
Those who have received a Master’s degree or equivalent in Japan (as defined by the School Education Law
- Those who have received a Master’s degree or equivalent outside of Japan.
- Those who have completed a Master’s degree or equivalent in Japan through a correspondence course offered by a foreign institution.
- Those who have received a Master’s degree or equivalent from a foreign institution that is recognized by the Ministry of Education in Japan.
- Those who have completed a Master’s degree equivalent at United Nations University.
- Those who have completed a program in a foreign country, at a designated institution, or at United Nations University, and have passed the exam stated in Japan’s Standards for Establishment of Graduate Schools or equivalent.
- Those designated by the Minister of Education in Japan.
- Those who are older than 24 years of age and are considered to be as academically capable as those who have completed a Master’s degree or equivalent through individual reviews by TCU graduate school.
Business hours: Monday to Friday 9:00–16:45 (closed 11:50–12:50)