- The applicant will first be evaluated on the basis of the submitted documents. Decisions are made only on completed applications.
- Successful candidates of the preliminary screening will be interviewed at TCU or via Skype (or other video chat application) on a date to be determined (one or more follow-up interviews may be requested).
Criteria by which TCU will Select the Successful Applicants:
- The probability that the student will in the future make a significant contribution to the church either as an ordained minister or as a layperson.
- Academic ability, including the skills of reading, analyzing, synthesizing, original thinking, and the clear expression of the student’s ideas both in writing and in speaking.
- English ability, and the ability to learn additional languages (Japanese).
- Ability, flexibility, good humor, and patience to live in a cross-cultural situation for four years.
- TCU wishes to create through ACTS- ES an international community with representatives from various cultures and countries in Asia and the world. To some extent, students will be selected in an effort to maintain that diversity.
“Student” visas are required. TCU assists international students in the processing of documents required by Japanese Immigration.