Departmental & Curricular Reform Starting Spring 2021
May 25, 2020
We want to educate people to bring Christ’s peace into the gaps and broken places between God and humans, and among people through their union with Christ, who stands in every gap and broken place.
TCU’s Education Goals
- We promote a Christian Worldview and Vocation based upon Protestant Evangelical principles.
- We are committed to Transcending Denominational Lines for the sake of Church and Society.
- We aim to educate and train Christians to serve God and people for the advancement of World Missions.
- We work to cultivate people who possess the character, broad cultural literacy, specialized theological knowledge, and ability to think and act volitionally for that purpose.
Reorganization of Departments from Spring 2021: Key Points
- Build a Christian Worldview in Years 1 and 2
- Global Studies Major: Japanese and English Speakers Study Together (in English/Japanese)
- Church Ministries Major: More Thorough, More Flexible, and Deeper (Only in Japanese)
- Christian Social Work Major: Nurturing Social Workers with Biblical & Theological Knowledge (Only in Japanese)
- Youth Studies Major: Answering the Demands of a New Generation (Only in Japanese)
- Theological Studies Major: Seeking Vocation through Customized Study (in English/Japanese)