Who would come…
The applicant must comply with the conditions listed below:
- The applicant must be a baptized Christian who accepts Tokyo Christian University’s statement of faith.
- The applicant must have adequate English proficiency to understand university courses in English.
- The applicant must have graduated from a Japanese high school (or secondary school) designated by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan (MEXT) or have an equivalent academic background (whether in Japan or overseas) by the time of matriculation into TCU, as indicated in one of the following ways:
- The applicant has completed 12 years of school education or the equivalent in a foreign country.
- The applicant has passed an equivalency examination of primary and secondary education in a foreign country and is at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant holds an International Baccalaureate, Abitur, Baccalaureate, or GCE A level and is at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant has graduated from an international school in Japan that is recognized by MEXT, or has completed 12 years of primary and secondary education at an international school in Japan accredited by WASC, CIS, or ACSI and is at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant has graduated from a school for Japanese students in a foreign country that is recognized by MEXT as the equivalent to a high school education in Japan.
- The applicant has graduated from an advanced course at a specialized training college recognized by MEXT.
- The applicant has completed more than 11 years of education at a foreign educational institution recognized by MEXT.
- The applicant has passed the Upper Secondary School Equivalency Examination in Japan and is at least 18 years of age.
- The applicant has been recognized by TCU as having the academic ability equivalent to accredited high school graduates by passing the screening for Determining Eligibility to Apply. (Homeschoolers are encouraged to apply for this screening. Contact the ACTS-ES Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance for more details.)